Friday, August 7, 2009

What's for Dinner?

As you all know, my family has been trying some raw foods (mostly smoothies and desserts, which they all love), but I am also still cooking for them.  Tonight when I made my dinner I made extra.  I put a little bit of their normal cooked food on their plates, and a little bit of my raw food on their plates.  I told them they did not have to like it, but that I did want them to at least try it.
Since I just devoured Victoria Boutenko's book Twelve Steps to Raw Foods, I tried out some of her recipes.  We had Live Garden Burgers, Live Fries, and Tomato Basil Sauce.
Emma helped me make the Live Garden Burgers so she really liked them.  Jake did not care for the texture, but liked the taste, and Phillip ate it all without complaint (I was shocked since he is my pickiest eater).  The Live Fries were a hit for the whole family.  Wayne did not eat any cooked food at all.  He even said that he would not mind having this dinner again.  He said he was surprised because he felt comfortably full and did not feel like he had just eaten "rabbit food" at all.  He also liked the clean feeling and taste of the Live Fries and sauce.
The meal was really good!  In all honesty Jake was right, the texture of the burgers was a little off, but that is my fault - I ground the nuts a little too much.  However, I have made a note of it and next time I will know better.  You should check out Victoria Boutenko's website:  www.rawfamily.com.  You can read about her journey and order her books from the site.
On another note, I am glad it is Friday!  I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend with my family and friends.  A friend of ours, Matt, will be in town and is going to try the raw restaurant with us.  The name of it is Bliss.  Matt is not a raw foodist, but is willing to humor me, so it will be interesting to see what he thinks of it.  We are also going to visit the art museum.  Wayne and I are looking forward to catching up with him.  Fine art, fine food, fine friends and fine family -- what more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."