Monday, August 17, 2009

Listening to the Gulf

Today we thought we were going to get soaked all day, but when we woke up it was not raining and looked like the rain was to the east of us. We took the kids down to the pier and did a bit of fishing. Let me clarify, I took pictures of them fishing, took everyone back and forth to the potty, and got the snacks and bait. If I had been fishing we would have had a ton of fish (ha! ha!). Anyway, Jake caught a vermilion snapper and a spanish mackerel. Emma was too impatient and didn't catch a thing, but she had a lot of fun anyway. Phillip caught a catfish, and Wayne caught a pilot fish. It was a lot of fun, but around noon it started getting very windy and a little bit of the rain moved in so we went back to the car.
Wayne and the boys went to a golf store and Emma and I went to a consignment store next door. We found a few cute things. Tomorrow and the rest of the week we are going to have nicer weather and I am looking forward to getting some beach time. Tonight Wayne and I sat out on the balcony and just listened to the gulf breathing. It fills my soul with peace and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."