Sunday, August 23, 2009

home again

Well, sometimes if you mess with fire you do get burned. I gave into a beach side weakness had ate crab legs and weakness, reasoning that a little cooked food wouldn't hurt me too bad and that shellfish was better than any kind of meat. However, yesterday on our way home I developed a light red rash and began itching all over my body. My ears, jawline, around me mouth, and hands were the worst. I also developed a wheezing cough and felt like I had a big rock sitting on my chest. We pulled in the driveway a little after midnight and I took two Benadryl and was able to sleep, but I woke up this morning and it started all over again, only this time my hands were beet red and swelling. Needless to say, I had to go to the doctor and get a steroid shot to help the allergic reaction. They told me to take 2 Benadryl every 4 hours around the clock until I was better. I slept for several hours and I am feeling better, but I learned a hard lesson.
A large part of going on a raw food diet was to listen to my body. When I ate 100% raw I felt so much better! I had lots of energy, no constipation or stomach upset, clear skin, and a general sense of well-being. My body spoke loud and clear to me that I was doing something good for it. It has now spoken loud and clear again, this time it said, "What the heck, we were doing so good. What did you have to go and eat that for?"
I am listening. This time it has been a little hard to ignore, actually. I've been to Whole Foods this evening and got all my favorite raw foods. I am sitting here right now drinking a G. T.'s Kombucha Mystic Mango raw tea. Tomorrow I am having my favorite spinach and banana smoothie for breakfast, a super sprouts salad for lunch, and heirloom lettuces and tomatoes for dinner. For snacks I have fruit and raw nuts and dried fruits trail mix. I am ready to feel better again and eager to listen to what my body is saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."