Saturday, August 22, 2009

Goodbye beach

It is our last few hours here and I am sitting on the balcony watching a beautiful pink sunrise over the horizon. I would take a picture, but the camera is already packed as we will be leaving soon. Right now though, the kids are still asleep, there are very few people on the beach, and it is a very peaceful and spiritual moment. Being in Dallas, sometimes it is easy to forget how awesome nature really is. I miss being connected to the earth, having my bare feet on it surface. I will have to be more diligent once I return home to make sure that I find ways to reconnect with this planet that feeds and sustains me. It will be harder I know to find those places and opportunities once I am surrounded by buildings, houses, and brick walls, but I will make a better effort.
In all honesty, I like the conveniences that living in the city gives me, but I am still not sure it is worth it. We are there for a while though, because Wayne has to work, and I guess the city still has things to teach me.
Once we get home it is time to get organized for school to start. This year I am home schooling Jake and Emma. I am looking forward to it, but also feeling the weight of responsibility. I know that I am their best teacher because I know their personalities inside and out -- what turns them off, what turns them on, how to motivate them (most of the time), their strengths, and their weaknesses. I also know when to push them a little harder and when to cut them a bit of slack. When their brains have been working hard we can run around the block or do a few laps in the pool before we begin again. I love seeing the "aha" moments when they discover something new.
So, as we end this vacation, we have a lot to look forward to. We also have so much to be thankful for - the relaxing and bonding time together, the sand, the sunrises and sunsets, our health, nature, family, love, the knowledge we have gained, the journey and learning that awaits us at home, a peaceful spirit, and feeling of reconnection to the Source of life. I feel very blessed this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."