Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Little puny today




It was a beautiful morning this morning. We woke up a little before 6:00 and opened all of the curtains and looked out on the beach to a blue heron greeting the sun. In the sky overhead was a beautiful rainbow kissing the clouds. Phillip said, "We're not going home -- I'm just going to live here."
We had a bit of rain today -- off and on, but it was still very nice. I am feeling a little puny today -- I have a bad chest cold. I told Wayne that I think my body is just in shock from having some cooked food. It is saying, "Hey now, we have been doing very good, so what the heck are you doing to me now?" I have been eating maybe 60 -70% raw since we got here and I definitely feel it. I like 100% raw much better. I am already planning the gadgets I need to stock my kitchen with so that next time traveling will be a bit easier. First on my list is a dehydrator.
Tomorrow we are going deep sea fishing and we are all excited about that, especially Jake. I have packed lots of snacks including apples, grapes, raw crackers, and homemade trail mix. That should help me feel better. The little bit of pre-planning is definitely worth the effort -- I am finding out the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."