Sunday, August 16, 2009

NO RAIN!




We woke up at 5:00 this morning to some pretty amazing thunder, but it turned out to be all bark and no bite. We thought we were going to have a little tropical storm, but at the last minute it turned and went toward FL. A very cloudy morning (and threatening skies) gave way about 1:00 to a wonderfully beautiful afternoon. Today we hunted for shells and found some really good ones by digging deep into the sand - even an unbroken nautilus shell. We also played some mini-golf and then hung out on the beach. The kids had so much fun using their boogie boards and, Wayne and I built a huge sand castle. I decorated it with shells. I even wore my bikini. Losing 24 pounds gave me the confidence to put it on and strut my stuff. We also went to some of the tacky tourist shops and the kids all got tattoos; they think they are so cool. Their tatts will last about 5 days. Jake got a king cobra, Emma a dolphin, and Phillip got a bat (as in batman).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."