Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Recipe suggestions

I have lots of people asking me for recipes lately. Many of you are wondering how I find recipes and what kinds of things I eat besides salad and smoothies. When I first started my raw food diet my primary source of finding recipes was online. I would just google search "raw food recipes." There are so many websites that have free recipes. One of my favorites is welikeitraw.com. I have gotten many yummy things from this site. Here is a link to raw cupcakes http://www.welikeitraw.com/rawfood/2007/11/raw-choccie-cup.html
I haven't tried it yet, but they look so good! I can't wait to experiment with them. Other good websites are www.fromsadtoraw.com and www.goneraw.com and www.rawguru.com
There are two books that I own that I highly recommend for someone considering a raw diet. The first is The Raw Food Revolution Diet by Cherie Soria, Brenda Davis, and Vesanto Melina. I like this book because two of the authors are registered dieticians and the first half of the book is extremely informative about getting all of your vitamins and nutrients from raw foods. The second half of the book has wonderful recipes. A couple of my favorites are their "mexican burritos," "vietnamese salad rolls," and "bon bon sauce." The bon bon sauce is affectionately called "goody sauce" in my house because we love it so much!
The second Book I highly recommend is 12 Steps to Raw Foods by Victoria Boutenko. This book gives plenty of inspiration and is a little more hard core raw, but her suggestions and thoughts about food addiction were immensely helpful to me. There are some recipes in the book, but it is mostly information. Her "live garden burgers" with "live fries" and "tomato basil sauce" were to live for!
I hope this gives some of you a place to start. I am excited to know that you have been inspired by my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."