Thursday, August 20, 2009

Deep Sea Fishing






Today we went deep sea fishing. We really had a good time. I caught lots of fish! I had to let a red snapper go because the season ended last Friday, but it was beautiful! I also caught a trigger fish and lots of vermillion snappers. I was exhausted by the time we finished. One guy on our boat caught a huge amberjack. Jake caught a few keepers, Emma caught one we had to throw back because it was too small. Wayne caught several as well. He caught one big red snapper, but by the time he got it up to the surface only the head was left on the hook. We saw a shark swimming nearby so I think he fed the shark lunch. He was a little disappointed, but we all got a good laugh out of it. We saw two sea turtles, several copias (that were 3 feet or longer), and lots of jellyfish.
Phillip slept for more than half of the trip. The rocking of the boat was a little much for him and he went straight to sleep. Unfortunately Emma turned white and then green. She ended up hanging her head overboard twice. Poor girl. Jake said it was a lot harder than he thought it would be.
I am exhausted! It was a real workout getting all of those fish in the boat. I have a cut on my thumb and a very large blister on my finger from trying to reel in the one that got away. The deckhand was quite impressed that I baited my own hook and caught so many. My daddy taught me well and would've been very proud of his only daughter! I am glad we packed our cooler well because we were all hungry and tired. I won't eat the fish, but Wayne and the kids will and they are all eager to try their catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."