Tuesday, August 18, 2009

sunny day


What a beautiful day today was! Wayne took Jake golfing this morning and they had a very good time. Jake told me he was surprised how bad Wayne was considering he had played before (shhhh- don't tell Wayne). Emma, Phillip, and I went down to the beach. Emma met a friend (who had a 12 year old brother that Jake hung around with this afternoon). We built a sand castle, played frisbee, and I pulled Phillip around on the boogie board. When Wayne and Jake came back we all went back down to the beach and Jake showed me how to boogie board. It was fun, a little scary, but very fun! I finally got to work on my tan a little bit this afternoon as well.
As far as food goes I am still enjoying my morning smoothies. This morning I had spinach, nectarine, banana, with a little agave nectar. YUM! I have also been snacking on some trail mix I made before we left home (Dehydrated apples, dried apricots and cherries, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and gogi berries. I had a nice salad for lunch, and a live bar for snack. However for dinner I had mahi mahi tacos. They were very good, but not as good as my raw tacos -- even Wayne thought mine were better. It felt weird to eat cooked food. I don't miss it. The thing I notice most is my energy level plummets and the increased amount of phlegm in my throat. I know that sounds gross, but that is what I notice. I am loving vacation, but missing my food. We tried a new grocery tonight and were able to find a few things. I am looking for some good info on eating raw while traveling. I will let you know what I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."