Thursday, August 27, 2009

Feeling Better

Today I am feeling much better. The raw foods are helping to wipe this allergy out of my system, and I am so glad! I actually did not have to take Benadryl all day. Needless to say I was very productive. I swept the kitchen, vacuumed the den and did almost all of the laundry. Then we went to the dance store and got Emma some tap shoes and ballet shoes. She started a new dance school that she loves. Everyone had some lunch and then Jake and Emma and I went to work on the schoolroom upstairs.

We are starting out home school after Labor Day, but we got all of their notebooks and folder labeled, put new paper in them, and divided their books up. We cleaned out our supply closet (we still have a little work to do here), and set up our bookshelves. Jake and Emma made their timeline and put it on the wall so they can start entering their history dates when we start. I attempted (for the 3rd time) to make Emma's and Jake's study schedule so I can begin putting the assignments in their books. I need more uninterrupted time to work on this, though. I also have a lot of work to do setting up their assignments.

I made dinner early because Phillip had soccer practice and Emma had tap class tonight. Wayne went with the boys to soccer and I took Emma to dance. On our way home we hit a new grocery store - Newflower's Farmer's Market. I was excited because they had my Kombucha tea on sale. I will have to go back when I have a little more time to browse because it looked like they had some good bulk items. They had some organic produce, but Whole Foods may still be my best bet. I am tired -- it has been a long day, but it was nice to be busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."