Monday, August 3, 2009

Challenge and Hooray for Amazing Women

All of my adult life I have had friends and family tell me how amazing I am.  Whether I was working two jobs with two kids and going to school full time, or teaching classes while going to school full time with three kids, my friends have always told me they didn’t know how I did it.  The truth is that when they told me I was amazing I did not believe them.  The other truth is that I was running myself into the ground trying to do everything, something that wasn’t healthy for my children or for me. 

 

I was so busy trying to be more that I didn’t realize how amazing I was already.  Last night I had a conversation with my sister-in-law and I realized that she had these same tendencies – to think everyone else is so much more amazing than she is and being reluctant to believe anyone when they tell her how amazing she is.  MY sister-in-law is super smart, successful in the business world, and has three wonderful children of her own.  Why is it that we can we see that “amazing quality” in everyone but ourselves?

 

So, this is my testimony for today and now it is time for me to be a living testimony.  That is why I am admitting today that I am pretty amazing!  I challenge all of the amazing women I know to do the same.  We all need to look ourselves in the mirror and see how amazing we are.  I have many women in my life that support, encourage, and inspire me every day and I simply don’t tell them enough!  So, mom, Paula, Emma, Heather, Joanna, Julie, Liz, Tiffany, and Megan – you are all pretty damn awesome!  I wouldn’t be as amazing as I am without all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."