Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Seeking ideas for eating while traveling

I am counting down to our vacation.  I have so much to do before we leave, but I am starting to get excited!  I am ready for some beach time -- long overdue, in fact.  I am trying to plan in advance so that we can all continue to eat well while we are away from home.  I have decided to definitely take the Vitamix and the food processor with me.  Tomorrow I am making almond cookies, fig bars, and raw brownies (my favorite sweet treat).  I am also going to bag up some mixed fruit and nuts.  I can take all of those treats in the car.  Before we leave I am also going to make some spring rolls and veggie sushi.  The kids like those and they will be a great substitute for sandwiches in the car.  Got any idea on what else I can make and bring?  Remember I don't have a dehydrator yet and that we leave on Friday.  Let me know if you have any ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."