Monday, August 10, 2009

Dinner success

 Ever since we ate at Bliss I have been craving those tacos again.  This morning I went through all of my cookbooks and found a recipe in Angela Elliott's ALIVE in 5: Raw Gourmet Meals in Five Minutes.  The recipe is called Fiesta Tacos and it recommends serving it with their Dreamy Sour Cream and Sexy Salsa.  I made it all just like the book said -- it took me more like 15 minutes, but it was well worth it!  
Emma was at dance and didn't get to try it, but Jake and Phillip loved it!  I was shocked considering that neither one of them like sour cream or salsa.  Granted, I served their fiesta tacos on corn tortillas, but with all the fixins.  Phillip came to the table with is regular, "I don't like it," attitude, but when he tried it he liked it and told Wayne he was hungry for another bite.  When the inside of the taco fell out,  he ate the rest with a fork and cleaned his plate.  I was saying to myself, "Go Mommy!" and doing my happy dance, especially when Jake asked for seconds.  It wasn't until he was finished eating that I told him he ate salsa AND sour cream!  He was surprised and said, "but I still don't like them on chips!"
Wayne and I ate ours on romaine leaves and I didn't even miss the taco shells -- yes, they were really that good!  He was impressed!  I will definitely make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."