Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Check out your library

This morning the kids and I went to the library where I checked out some books on raw food that our library had. I am finding that I am hungry to read everything I can get my hands on. There is so much to learn and the more I read, the more there is to read. The book I read today is The Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalia Rose. Most of the recipes in this book are raw food recipes, but there are some cooked food recipes as well (some made with fish or shellfish). I am not interested in those recipes, especially given my recent allergy development, but the other recipes looked interesting and I thought it was worth a try.
Tonight I made Creamy Asian Salad and Dressing from page 118. It was so good! Emma had dance tonight so Wayne met me and the boys at the park close to her dance school and we had a picnic. It was fun. When we got home I made home made raw vanilla ice cream (pg 165) banana splits. Oh my! So good! The ice cream by itself was delicious, but when I added the chocolate sauce (pg 147), bananas and strawberries...well, let's just say there weren't leftovers. The ice cream is made with ice, young coconut meat and a little of the coconut water, maple syrup, and vanilla. The chocolate syrup was just maple syrup and cocoa blended together. I am glad I checked out the library and got this book because tonight's dinner alone was worth the trip to the library. Check out your nearest library and try some recipes before you invest in some raw food recipe books for your home. You can see what you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."