Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The difference between vegetarian, vegan, and raw

I believe I mentioned in an earlier blog that I became a vegetarian for a short time before going raw. My doctors recommended the vegetarian diet due to some kidney issues. I think being vegetarian made it easier to transition to a raw food diet because I was already past the cravings for red meat, chicken, fish, and eggs. When I decided to try a raw food diet I also cut out milk and milk products. That made me a vegan. Additionally, I cut out all processed foods (yes, that means I don't eat rice, bread, pasta, etc). Many processed foods contain animal products anyway, so many vegans eat this way as well. However, raw foodists don't heat their food above 104 degrees. If you think about it, that is not really hard since I am not eating meat of any kind, dairy products of any kind, or processed foods. Fruits and veggies taste best in their natural state. I do sometimes warm my food in the Vitamix, just not above 104 degrees. I warm only soups that I make, and not all of them. Usually I don't get anywhere near 104 degrees either.
Yesterday I gave a shout out to my friend Liz. Today she emailed me regarding her daughter, "She loves the food and says that she "notices" her food more. She also said that she has
more energy and her "mood seems more level." Your readers should know that she has been vegetarian since she was about 10 years old (and she is 33 now)...so raw is even making a difference with her!"
I am so happy to hear that other people are experiencing some of the same benefits I have experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."