Saturday, September 12, 2009

On the Go

It has been raining and raining like you would not believe here today! We have joked that we will soon have an infinity pool in our back yard. The rain makes it hard to get around in Dallas because nothing drains very well, but it is hard to complain because we need it so badly! We actually enjoyed being out in the rain today, taking our time (no one in Dallas takes their time while driving unless forced to do so by Mother Nature).
We had a very busy day and were out running lots of errands. I have recently found these raw food bars that I like to tuck in my purse when I know I will be out and about. They are "Go RAW" bars -- I love the real live flax bar and the spirulina bar, but they are all good. I bought one of each flavor a few weeks ago and tried them all. Wayne had his first one today and he really liked it, too. He had the pumpkin seed one. Since many of you ask about the cost of eating raw, I will tell you they are a bit more expensive than your average meal replacement bar. That being said, they are not very expensive at all if you eat it as a meal replacement. I also think about all of the good things I am putting in my body vs. the chemicals and "fake food" I would be eating in an average meal replacement bar. These make me feel great about what I am putting in my body.
Oh, before I forget, I have to tell you about Wayne's success. Yesterday we went shopping and Wayne was able to fit into a 34 inch waist pair of jeans. He was so excited! He said, "It is actually fun to shop for clothes again. For those of you who don't know, Wayne is 6 feet 6 inches tall and he has not worn a 34 inch waist since high school! In his words, "One thing about eating raw is that it is something that sticks; it is not like any regular diet. I look better, I feel better, my face is clear, no more greasy skin or little pimples on my forehead, and my hair feels thicker, too. The benefits make me want to keep doing it." He went on to say, "I never thought I would eat raw foods or like them, but I do." I am so happy for him and happy that we can share this lifestyle with each other, our family, our friends, and with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."