Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The BIG 3 - 0hhh

Today I hit the big 3....0! No, I am not 30 years old -- that was quite some time ago. I have lost 30 pounds since I started eating raw (about 4 months). I am really excited! When I began eating a raw diet losing weight was not my primary goal. Rather, I wanted to heal my body. That being said, I believe that losing weight has helped me heal my body. It is no longer under added stress, and losing weight (that doctors told me I would just have to live with because of my thyroid) has boosted my confidence and energy levels.
For two years after my surgery my primary complaint to my family was that I felt as if my surgery aged me ten years. I felt sluggish and tired all of the time. My medical complications and the medicines I had to take for them made me feel sick and sometimes, even in pain. I was not happy. When I looked in the mirror, my image of myself did not match what I saw and I felt disconnected from my body. I felt lost in my own skin.
Today, when I look in the mirror I see me! Not only do I feel like I my age again, I feel 10 years younger than my age! Tonight I am celebrating the restoration of my mind, body, and spirit!

2 comments:

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."