Monday, September 28, 2009

Falling off and Climbing Back on the Raw Food Wagon

Today was definitely a Monday! I just could not seem to get my stuff together today. I think it is because I got upset yesterday and allowed my emotions to get the better of me. Unfortunately, I am an emotional eater. I have been so much better about not having emotional eating binges since eating a raw diet. I have really felt in control of my food, but Sunday afternoon I fell off of my raw wagon.

Wayne had had some friends over the night before and we had bought some cheese and crackers to set out for them since they were not raw foodists. When I got upset on Sunday I opened the refrigerator and saw what remained of the brie and swiss cheese and decided to eat it all! Then I had some chocolate ice cream (which I had to get in the car and drive to the store to get) to top it all off. Remember, I have been eating raw for about 4 months now, so that means I have not had any animal products, including cheese and ice cream for that long.

After being ashamed and disappointed in myself, I decided the best thing I could do was get back on the raw food wagon. I made myself a list of things I could do instead of eat a pound of cheese the next time something happens that make me upset, and decided it was just not a good idea to give other people that kind of power over my choices.

So anyway, back to my Monday, I felt so sluggish and tired today! I could not seem to get my body going. I even looked tired. I haven't felt this lousy since I started eating raw. I am listening to my body and it is definitely telling me what is good for it. I also learned that next time we entertain I will have my guests try raw food. It is so good and I think almost anyone will enjoy it. It simply is not worth it to have food that makes me feel this bad in my house.

2 comments:

  1. I understand your struggle. Continue to be gentle with yourself. Your choices will continue to improve as you travel this path. My eating mini-oops was dry roasted peanuts. I too feel tired and sluggish. But I'm going home to healthy raw fruits and vegetables. I'm actually craving them. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words Johanna. I am feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."