Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Fever!

It was a beautiful day here today, a bit windy, but I will take windy any day over the cold. The sun was out, the birds were singing, and the thermometer FINALLY went past the 80 degree mark! Hallelujah!! I am really getting an itch to plant a garden. I know I am a little late in the game, but with good reason. As much as I would like to grow things, my thumb is pretty much anything but green. However, I am trying to get better. I want to go out to my backyard (which is very small, by the way) and pick my lunch. That would be so cool!
I have been researching how to build a raised bed so that I can utilize the space we have. The Whole Foods down the street from our house has a homemade raised bed on display. I might just try it this weekend. We will see. They also have gallon vegetables that have already been started so I wouldn't be too far behind. The spring weather is giving me spring fever.


1 comment:

  1. i'm with you on the gardening thing. i really want to get my hands dirty but all of my former attempts have been disasterous for me and fabulous for the squirrels. this year, my f-i-l, who is a prolific gardener (but not organic) is going to give me a plot at his house and teach me what to do. i'm excited to schlepp the kids out there and dig around with them. still not convinced though that my thumb will ever achieve green-ness...

    ReplyDelete

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."