Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Journey to a healthy lifestyle

As you know I have been trying to add a little more lean protein back into my diet since I stated a pretty grueling workout routine. I have tried some raw protein powder that tastes pretty good and I have had some fish. It will be interesting to see if this works for me or not. There are a couple of things I have noticed right off the bat: 1.) my face has broken out and 2.) sorry for being so blunt, but I am constipated. So far, I am not liking the protein thing --- for me.
I am going to stick with it for at least a couple of days and see if my system kinda levels out, but my body is going to have to do better than this or it is not worth it. One thing that I have learned over the last 3 years since my health troubles began is to listen to my body. There are experts on everything and people line up to tell me what I should and should not eat, from my doctors to my trainer, to nutritionists. Sometimes they do give conflicting information and that is when I have to rely on myself and everything that I have learned, and the way that I feel. So when I say I am not sure about this protein thing, don't forget that I also say "for me." I am no expert on diet and nutrition either. I am excited about some of the things that have helped me on my personal journey towards a healthy lifestyle, and I want to share the things I have found that work for me. Green smoothies and a high raw diet have literally changed my life -- given it back to me, in fact. I hope that you try them and they change your life, too. As for me, I am taking new steps on my journey (largely because my previous raw diet has helped me get to the point where I can) and we will see where this path leads. I am excited about the future, whatever it may bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."