Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Birthday List



We woke up to this first full day of spring to find 4 inches of snow in our yard. Seriously! I could not believe it. Friday it was 74 degrees here and we spent almost the entire day outside. Saturday it was still quite warm but raining and then the cold front moved in for what was hopefully, one last hurrah. When I went to bed last night the weather men were forecasting less than one inch of snow, so it was surprising to find so much snow this morning.

Jake is turning 13 tomorrow, but Wayne took off of work on Friday and we did 13 of Jake's favorite things:
1. Have a smoothie for breakfast
2. Go hiking at a local park on the dirt trails
3. Went to play miniature golf
4. Got a haircut (not necessarily a favorite, but much needed)
5. Ate at Campisi's for lunch
6. Visit the S.P.C.A.
7. Play Wii together
8. Fly kites
9. Take the dogs to the dog park
10. Eat at Rock Fish Grill (Jake loves throwing peanut shells on the floor)
11. Go swimming at the community center
12. Have bubble shakes at Fat Straws
13. Make our own tie-dyed t-shirts

It was such a fun day! We all enjoyed ourselves. Jake is such a cool kid. As you can tell, he loves to be outside and with nature. It was a long day, but everyone had such a good time. I will post more pics soon.

I enjoyed my day "off" of boot camp today, but am looking forward to returning tomorrow. My bottom has not quite recovered from the strenuous week one and two, but hopefully it will not be as sore this week. My poor gluts!

I also go to the endocrinologist this week for a check up. I am interested to see how my labs will be and to ask him a couple of questions about working out, maintaining a good calcium level, and protein in my diet. Other things on my list this week are finishing an excellent book written by a dear friend of mine (who I will hopefully get to visit with, if even for a few moments) and finishing a class I have been teaching at church on the liturgy and history of Lent. Wayne's mom is also moving back to Alabama this week and that will be difficult for everyone.

I am hoping for a significant warm up over the next couple of days, and looking forward to seeing what else this week will bring.

1 comment:

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."