Thursday, March 18, 2010

Jake is turning 13!

Today was an absolutely beautiful day! We enjoyed it immensely because we knew it would not last; we have a chance of snow for this weekend, in fact. So today we studied outside and then we played at the park. It was so nice to be out and in the sunshine! Tomorrow will be warm as well -- a bit windy, but warm, so we will enjoy the outdoors again. We are planning on breaking out the kites.
Jake's birthday is Monday and we will be celebrating this weekend. I cannot believe that my oldest baby is going to be a teenager. How did he get to be 13 already? He is already taller and bigger than I am. He was born on a night when the comet was circling the sky -- Wayne, my parents and I watched that comet circle so many times as we walked the block trying to get Jake jump started for his journey out of the womb. It worked.
We will be doing all of Jake's favorite things this weekend. He wants to go hiking, kite flying, visit the animal shelter, and play mini golf. It should be a lot of fun! Sometimes when I look at him, he just completely amazes me. (Of course, there are other times when I look at him and want to bit his head off, too -- he is going on 13 after all). Seriously though, there are moments when I step back and observe his polite behavior or marvel at his ability to figure out a difficult algebra problem and I think, "Wow, this is my son! How did he get so smart, so handsome, so well-mannered?" I thank God every day for allowing me the privilege of being Jake's mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."