Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Awesome Check-up

Today I went to the endocrinologist and had an excellent appointment. I can't help but think that a year ago every time I went to the doctor it seemed I was getting more bad news about my health. And it was almost 3 years ago that I was really struggling to make it through the day. Now it is all good news and that feels great! In fact, my doctor said he wished more of his patients were like me because I was doing absolutely everything in my power to have a good outcome from an unfortunate condition.
My labs were great! No kidney issues at all! He even asked me if I ate lots of fruits and vegetables based on my lab values alone. He also thought it was really good that I have been doing boot camp because it showed him that I am really feeling healthy and confident in my body again. When I got sick, it was very hard because I felt like my body had betrayed me -- no matter what I wanted it to do it was doing the opposite and I had no control over it. My endocrinologist reminded me that I can never have total control over my body and it may always throw me for a loop every now and then because I do have hypoparathyroidism. But we also talked about how being proactive about my health and condition have given me a great deal of power back in my life.
I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, if I had not found a high raw lifestyle, there is no way I would be where I am today. I thank God that I was in the right place at the right time and that I was receptive to trying something totally new. I got my green on and boy has it paid off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."