Monday, March 22, 2010

The tweenager curse

Today was Jake's actual birthday and he woke up early this morning throwing up. He continued throwing up until about noon. He was pitiful! Welcome to being a teenager. I felt so sorry for him. He seems to be feeling much better this evening but he has eaten only a banana and a dozen Saltines today.

I have been threatening to put a curse on Emma all day, the "I-hope-you-have-one-just-like-you-when-you-grow-up" curse. Yesterday she "cleaned" her room for several hours. This morning I went up to her room and it was a disaster area! I looked under her bed and stuff was just crammed under there. I thought I was going to lose it for a moment. Then I remembered the curse. It worked for my mom, and I know what that means. It means that Emma's room might finally be clean when she grows up and has a family of her own and then she will be hounding her own daughter to clean her room.

On a totally separate note, my trainer thinks I eat the strangest things! He is like, "What the heck is a green smoothie? or a raw spirulina bar?" But, it is paying off! I have lost a little over 5% body fat since I started my early morning boot camp. He was quite impressed. Heck, I was quite impressed! It feels good to be getting some tone and definition again. I enjoy working out every morning because it is the one thing I do every day that is just for me. One more added benefit -- I am sleeping like a baby and have more energy throughout the day. Yes, some days it is hard to rollout of bed at 4:45, but I just think of the payoff and I am able to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."