Thursday, December 3, 2009

Grocery shopping, weight loss stories, and hot yoga!

I went to the grocery today and stocked up on all my favorite fruits and veggies. I can't believe I am saying this, but it was actually fun! The kids were behaving and so many things looked good! I buy a lot of frozen organic fruit at Costco during the fall and winter and we went there first. The Vita-Mix demonstrator was there today doing his thing. He made a great drink -- 3 cups of grapes and a slice of lemon (peel and all). Jake and Emma couldn't wait to get a sample. We all liked it; needless to say we bought some grapes and lemons. I'll be making that again!
Today I saw a couple of people I haven't seen in several months. They were astonished at how much weight I have lost and wanted to know how much I have lost and what I have been doing to lose it. It felt so good to get such a reaction! I told them all I had done was become a raw vegan. We ended up having a 20 minute conversation about what kinds of things I eat and how much healthier I look and feel. One girls mind was ticking, I could tell she was considering it. It is such a joy to share my story with other people.
I am thinking about enrolling Jake, Emma, and I in a trial hot yoga class. They are willing and I am interested. My sister-in-law used to take a hot yoga class and she loved it! I am wanting some fitness for myself and some physical education for the kids. If you've ever participated in a hot yoga class I would love to hear from you about what you thought! I talked to a teacher this morning and she thought the kids could definitely do it. I will let you know what we decide.

1 comment:

  1. hey katy

    it's ken at Live Nude Food

    i did bikram for a couple years and it was the best i've ever felt. i got so into that my girlfriend (who always thought it was gross) finally tried it and she ended up becoming a hot yoga instructor. she practices every day.

    sadly, i got fat & lazy & stiff (in the bad way) and now that i'm 5 wks into my 60 day raw food thing and losing tons of weight & not drinking & feeling more open to using my body---I AM DYING TO GET BACK TO BIKRAM! DYING!

    it really is that amazing. my 1 piece of advice--go into the first few classes w/ zero expectation RE your performance, know it's gonna be ungodly hot and u may feel terrible. go as often as you can (like every day) for 2 wks & you will be hooked.

    people badmouth Bikram (esp other yogis) and it sometimes is marginalized as not really being yoga--i'll just say i think it's misunderstood. i like that it doesn't include meditation, etc. because with the heat & how rigorous it is you find yourself in that magic place anyway because YOU have to BECOME the eye in the storm. And I think that's what Hatha yoga is really all about.

    Plus it makes you look and feel sexy and you get Elvis hips and it's kick ass!

    Cheers!
    Live Nude Food

    ReplyDelete

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."