Thursday, December 3, 2009

Home Again!

We are home again, home again, lickety-split! We had a fun, but very quick trip to Nashville. Yesterday it rained most of the way drive back. All the rain made it seem like it took so long to get here because you couldn't keep track of the time by watching the sun. We were all very tired and went to bed early.
All in all, the trip went very nicely. My mom got a bit under the weather while we were there, and I did eat some things that I do not normally eat at home, but mostly just cooked vegetables and a cookie or two. I also had several very good raw meals while I was there as well. I think that my family (not mom so much, but dad and my brothers) still find it hard to believe I do not eat meat. They are all very supportive of my decision not to eat it, but they still think it is a bit strange.
Truthfully, it is a bit strange. I grew up having meat every day, and it is strange to sit down at the table with my family and not have meat. It is also strange not to want it, or even crave it. If you would have told me a year ago that I would no longer eat meat, I would have laughed in your face. I may have told you that you would be right, "when hell freezes over." Funny how fast life changes. Whether it is our diet, where we live, our jobs, or what we are choosing to do in the present moment -- life can change in the blink of an eye.
At times the changes seem overwhelming, and they are so very scary! Other times the changes are welcomed with open arms. Still others we tread into with equal amounts of hesitation and expectation. But, one thing I know for sure is that if we didn't have change life would be boring! Change lets us know that we are alive. It forces us to make choices to feel our minds ticking, our blood flowing, our our hearts thumping. Change forces us to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."