Saturday, December 5, 2009

Precious -- Definitely Worth Seeing!

Last night Wayne and I went to see the movie Precious. Wow! If Monique does not win an award for this movie, then something is BAD wrong with America. In fact, if this movie doesn't win multiple awards I will be surprised. Precious is an excellent movie. It will take your breath away. Yes, there are parts of this movie that are sad and very hard to watch; but make no mistake, this movie is also filled with hope and the triumph of the human spirit.
I could not help but think about a young girl that I went to middle school with in Nashville, Tn who had her second child in the sixth grade. She was in my class and must have been at least 3 years older than me. I also could not help thinking about a young girl that I saw as a physical therapist in Waycross, GA who had spina bifida. She was in the first grade and was in foster care due to molestation and rape by her father while her mother did nothing. Precious' story is the story of many young girls (and boys). I wish her story were an isolated event, but unfortunately it is not. The movie reminded me that my comfortable world is not so comfortable.
Anyway, please do not miss this movie! It is well worth your time, money, and thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."