Monday, December 28, 2009

Visioning 2010

This evening on the news they were talking about resolutions for the New Year. The reporter stated that the average American gains at least five pounds during the holidays and the majority of those do not lose the extra pounds. I have been one of the majority for many years now, but not this year! I am so very thankful that I found the raw food lifestyle! I am also thankful that I am finally healthy, happy, and fit.

This evening I have been working on making some vision boards for the 2010. I have been cutting and pasting photos and pictures of things I want to attract in my life. It may sound corny, but it helps me to get a clearer picture of what I want, and to focus on it. So what do I want in my life? Continued health, happiness, love, a peaceful spirit, success, financial independence, and to write and teach. Not much, huh? I put my posters in places where I see them regularly -- on my bathroom mirror, in my closet, above my desk, and inside my kitchen cabinets. Whenever I see them I try and REALLY notice them.

It may sound really corny, but I am a believer. Last year I put posters up that images of health on them. There were fit people, lots of fruits and vegetables, and affirmations of improved health. Of course, I began eating a raw diet last summer -- something I had never heard of before last year, I lost 40 pounds, and I had normal lab reports for the first time in 2 and a half years. Do I think the posters gave me all of that? No, of course not, but the posters helped me work toward the life I already imagined for myself.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck on your Vision Board journey. You're certainly NOT alone. there's a whole #VisionBoardCrew on Twitter & we're making them!

    check out my blog post: http://bit.ly/5IBhmh

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't read Manifesting Matisse, I highly recommend it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."