Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thirty-six and Counting!






Today was the big day -- I am now 36 years old. I can't believe it! I don't feel 36 years old, and thanks to my new found health, I don't look 36 either! Emma told me that I look much younger than other moms (I love that child!). Seriously though, it is not really anything about "how" I look; it is about feeling comfortable in my skin. It is about being happy and able to do and participate in all of the things I want. It is about feeling confident in myself and good about my choices.
Speaking of choices, I am posting pics of everything I ate today. Many of you ask what in the world I eat all day, so here one days worth. For breakfast I had a smoothie with kale, pineapple, coconut, and banana. For lunch I had a salad made with butter lettuce, raw cashews, strawberries, and blueberries. The dressing was a little olive oil and some apple cider vinegar ( not 100% raw, but pretty darn close). For dinner I had some raw salads from Whole foods (one was broccoli, dried cranberries, purple onions, and raw cashews and slivered almonds; one was julienned veggies with a little olive oil and some herbs; one was cucumbers with purple onions and dill) I also has a raw food bar made by Go Raw for a snack. I love these bars, and they are the only bar I have found that is 100% raw. They are also very yummy! There is only one thing I ate that is not pictured, it was a raw chocolate tart from a local company called Hail Merry! It was my "birthday cake," and I was so excited about eating it, that I forgot to take a picture of it -- Sorry! Take my word for it, it was delicious! Jake and Emma thought I was joking when I told them it was 100% raw because it was "the BEST chocolate cake they ever had."
The other REALLY cool thing that happened to me today is that Beatrice Johnston from http://rawpathways.com interviewed me for her blog. I am so honored! She is so inspiring and the fact that she wanted to interview me is truly humbling. She will be posting the interview soon, so watch for it! Her blog is excellent, and I am sure you are going to love it! So, her website is tonight's helpful site -- make sure to check it out! Beatrice has been a vegetarian for 23 years and currently eats a high raw diet! She continues to make choices in her life that promote her health, happiness, well-being, and relationships with God and others. She is very inspirational!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."