Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Here Comes the Sun!

We actually saw the sun shine this afternoon! It was so nice. The weather in north Texas has been less than desirable the last few weeks. When the yellow globe finally peered out from behind the curtain of grey, we felt like singing Hallelujah! Although it was definitely not "sunny" today, it is going to be this weekend. We have lots planned for the weekend, too. My mom drives in tomorrow (can't wait!), we are going to the Texas State Fair, we have soccer games, and Phillip's 5th birthday party is this weekend. Life is busy!

I am browsing through recipes trying to decide what I want to make in my new dehydrator first. I thought I would just whip something up real fast last night, but when I finally sat down to decide, I changed my mind. I want the first thing I make to be something I REALLY want to eat. It might be kinda fun to try it out with my mom, too. My mom has been eating mostly raw for a little while now.

As promised, I want to give you a helpful website for those of you considering a raw food lifestyle. Today, I want to tell you about http://mattmonarch.blogspot.com. Matt Monarch and his wife, Angela Stokes, are raw food enthusiasts. They are very inspiring and very informative. One GREAT thing about this blog is that they make lots of instructional videos about how to prepare food, which product is easier to use, etc. I saw Matt and Angela speak in Dallas early on in my raw food journey and they made all of the overwhelming information about switching to raw foods seem very doable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."