Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Appreciate Your Food

Tomorrow Jake and Emma and Mom and I are heading to Glen Rose to go to Fossil Rim for the day. We are going there to dissect a cow's eyeball. I think it is really going to be cool for them to see how an eye works. We have not been to any of the home school activities there before so it will be good to see if that is something we in which we would like to be more involved. I hope it is not pouring down rain when we finish because we would love to take Mom through the park.

Mom and I made Pistachio Paradise "cookies" from a Boutenkos recipe today. They are YUMMY and not too hard to make. We had fun digging into the bowl and rolling the cookies around in coconut. They have that salty sweet dichotomy going on that makes them very satisfying. My mom said she was noticing how much more "hands on" my food is. I had not really thought about it that way before, but she is right. Perhaps that is why I have felt like I have noticed my food more -- because I am touching it, feeling it, slicing and seeding it, smelling it, etc. When you have so much contact with your food before you eat it then you appreciate it more, at least I do.

1 comment:

  1. I would just like to say that I adore that you used the word "dichotomy" in this post. It felt like a shout-out to those of us still languishing in graduate school. The cookies sound GREAT! Hope you are doing well. xo Maria

    ReplyDelete

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."