Sunday, October 11, 2009

Raw Success

I can't believe the weekend is almost over already. We tried to do a bit of Christmas shopping this weekend. We did not get that much accomplished, but at least we got started. Wayne and I were also able to spend a little bit of time alone, which was very nice! It is nice to be with the whole family, but it is also nice to be just the two of us every once in a while.

I am so excited about this upcoming week! My birthday is Tuesday, Phillip's birthday is Thursday, and my mom is coming for a visit on Thursday as well. Friday, we are taking our "Columbus Day" off of school and spending the day at the Texas State fair! Saturday we have a soccer game and next Sunday is Phillip's birthday party. It is going to be a busy and fun week. I am looking forward to trying some new raw food recipes with my mom -- I may try some "harder" stuff like preparing Irish Moss and making raw chocolate pie.

When Wayne and I went to the Raw food Meet-up in our community a couple of weeks ago, one of the women we met there loaned me a DVD called Raw Success. It is about 6 people who take a challenge to cure their diabetes in 30 days. All of this occurs under a doctor's supervision of course. The DVD was so inspiring -- it gave me new motivation for continuing my raw food lifestyle. I have never had Diabetes or anything, but I do feel as though raw foods are responsible for most, if not all, of my own return to health. If you get the chance, check it out, I guarantee you will be inspired!

On another note, many of you felt more comfortable emailing me well- wishes and concerns after I postponed my cleanse. On one hand, I received very supportive comments to follow through with the Master Cleanse in the near future. On the other hand, I received some emails of concern about the Master Cleanse. Let me assure you all I have done a good bit of research on the Cleanse, but I promise you all I will look into even more before I do it. If any of you have any info you think I should look at, in favor or against, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."