Monday, October 19, 2009

Manic Monday -- send me some good vibes!

I am recovering from a very busy, but very fun weekend. My mom is visiting and I am so glad that she is here! We had two soccer games, a shopping excursion, went to the fair, and had a birthday party for my son Phillip this weekend. I am pooped, and Monday morning hit me like a ton of bricks.
I left Phillip's lunch and backpack at home this morning when I took him to school. Jake and Emma had swimming lessons so I had to drop them off, race home, and then back to Phillip's school with his things. After swimming we headed off to the doctor's office. Last week I found a lump in my right breast. I did not think much about it, but my husband is in the business of cancer pathology so he made me an appointment to see about it.
I had my mammogram and an ultrasound and was relieved to find out that it was just fatty fibrous tissue, completely normal for a woman of my age (ha! ha!). However, they did fid a tumor in my other breast -- GO FIGURE! The doctor is pretty sure that it is nothing to worry about by the way it appears, but the only way to be 100% sure is to have a biopsy of it. I am going to do that next Tuesday. The good news is I have no family history of breast cancer. The bad news is they have to stick a big ass needle into my boob! I would be lying if I said I was not the slightest bit afraid. I know I won't feel much at all because I have local anesthesia for the procedure, but the truth is, I am glad my Mommy is here. I just want to surround myself with happy thoughts and all the love I can get!
Ultimately, the news the doctor gave me today was good news, but it was all so emotional that I was exhausted! I rested for a few minutes, but then it was off to soccer and choir. It was good to be busy because it kept my mind off of it. This week is going to be a long week. I am going to do a lot of praying, centering, meditating and filling my body with good, healthy foods. I will be glad when I know for sure. Please, if you think about it this week, send me some good vibes and healing thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear that, katy! you're in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you all for all of your well wishes and personal notes!

    ReplyDelete

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."