Thursday, February 18, 2010

Olympic Lessons

We were watching the men's Olympic ice skating tonight when Jake chimed in, "They need to zambonify that ice." I love it! It has really been fun watching the Olympics with the kids. I am amazed at how dedicated these athletes are. I am convinced they are master manifestors! Yesterday we watched Linsey Vonn visualize her gold medal run before she skied it. The kids were laughing at how funny she looked sitting there mimicking her run, but then they said, "Wow, visualizing works!" when she won. I have so much to learn from these athletes who put their all into what they do.
Imagine if we put our all into the things we do on a daily basis. This is so hard to do, and takes preparation and dedication. I know that for me, my life would be so different. This year one of my goals has been to work on being fully present. I knew it would be hard when I made the goal, but I didn't realize it would be as hard as it has been. My blog focuses a lot on eating, and being fully present when I purchase and consume my food has changed my life! That being said, being fully present applies to so much more than food. It applies to being with family and strangers, feeling heartache and joy, as well as my faith, and the daily chores of cleaning/laundry/ and taxiing my family. This is a goal I will be working on for quite some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."