Monday, February 15, 2010

Feeding well

We took the kids to Fossil Rim today. It was so much fun -- I love going there. All of the zebras have had babies and they were so cute trying run around. They are much fuzzier than their parents. The moms would come right up to the car with their babies following right behind and nursing. Poor moms -- can't even get a moment to themselves (ha!). Seriously though, it was really neat to see. I also loved seeing all of the hills and valleys (not much but flat concrete where we live). It was nice to get my fill of nature for a day.
I have been struggling with my raw food diet over the last couple of weeks. I keep reminding myself that I am still doing pretty good -- approximately 60% raw. I know that 60%raw compared with this time last year (an occasional salad) is really good, but I also know that I do not look or feel as good as I did a month ago at 90 -95% raw. This weekend I have been doing some raw food reading and getting geared up and re-educated regarding raw foods. While I do not feel the need to be 100% raw anymore, a high raw diet really works for me.
I have also noticed that when I eat a high raw diet, my family also tends to eat better. I have never pushed my family to eat a raw diet. They are mostly vegetarian -- I don't cook any meat, but the occasionally have some if they eat out. But, when I eat healthy they do, too. I don't even have to say anything. When they see me eating a nice fruit salad or green salad they just want some, too. Funny how that works the same way candy or ice cream does.
Anyway, I went to Whole Foods this evening and have all the things I need to get myself back in gear. I miss having clear skin and energy galore. My mood has also been a bit sour since my raw intake went down, so I am sure my family will be glad to have me high raw again. My body is much smarter than my brain. It knows what it wants, now I just have to feed it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."