Thursday, February 25, 2010

Is this week over yet?

Last night I crashed -- hard. Wayne's flight was delayed and I was desperately trying to stay awake until he got home, but was unable to do it. My eyes were so heavy and I was doing so pretty major head dives, even to the point of startling myself reminding me of high school algebra in Ms. Smith's class. I finally gave up and turned out the light. The dogs went to barking when he finally got home at about 12:30 and then I was awake, but in that drunken sort of, not making any sense way. I think Wayne was laughing at my slurred words, but I was glad to have him home. Hopefully we will all sleep better tonight.
Tomorrow starts a crazy weekend. Jake is in a play this weekend at church, a musical actually. He has performances on Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday afternoon and night. I will be glad that it is over because there has been a lot of rehearsals. It will be fun to see Jake in the play -- he is not exactly the artsy type and I had to twist his arm a bit to get him to try it. I think he has enjoyed it, even if he would never admit it. Jake said the other night that putting on a play is a lot of hard work! So, if nothing else, he is gaining an appreciation for people who pour themselves into the arts.
In addition to the musical, Jake also graduates from Robotics I this weekend and Phillip has soccer of course. I am looking forward to getting some sleep next week. I am also hoping that we get a chance to go out with some friends of our next week to eat some spicy Indian food. I need a bit of adult time after this week.
By the way, I tried a recipe I got out of my Shape magazine on the kids tonight and they loved it so I thought I would share it because it is a rare thing when children ask for seconds of broccoli. I cut the florets off f the broccoli stalks and then sprinkled them with olive oil, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Then I roasted them for 25 minutes in a 400 degree oven. They all devoured it! I would never have thought to put nutmeg on broccoli. I had a taste and it was very good I must say! I try not to eat too much cooked food, but when I do, I make sure it is something good for me. Ordinarily I may have had a normal helping, but I am looking forward to that Indian food so I am saving for a "splurge."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."