Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Daily Schedule

My life has been so crazy today! I didn't sleep much last night. Wayne has been out of town this week and I feel like I am losing my mind. I was up late last night mostly just trying to fall asleep. When I turned out the light the weather people were sure we would have snow so I did not set the alarm.
7:00 woke up and looked out the window -- SHOOT (only not so nicely and with only 4 letters) there is no snow! Let the dogs out, feed them, give Clyde his medicine, and let the dogs out again.
7:15 Phillip is downstairs and wants to snuggle for a few minutes. Snuggle for 5 minutes and then throw him in the shower.
7:25 Wake up Jake and Emma and tell them we are running late there is no snow (I always wake them up by singing "good morning to you at the top of my lungs and horribly off key."
7:30 Get Phillip out of the shower and help him get dressed. Get him a bowl of cereal and a glass of almond milk. Turn on "The Magic School Bus" so I can get dressed.
7:45 I am now dressed and my hair has been dunked because I don't have time to take a shower. Jake and Emma are arguing over a tin can for a science project. Jake punches Emma (not hard, but she is crying for dramatic effect). Settle the fight and supervise their smoothie making.
8:00 Make Phillip's lunch for school and write him a note for his lunchbox -- he loves my letters. Clean up the kitchen and start the dishwasher. Make my own green smoothie.
8:15 make Jake and Emma brush their teeth and start on math. Fix Phillip two pieces of toast.
8:30 Get Phillip's shoes, socks and coat on and we are out the door o the way to his preschool. Jake and Emma have their Latin and spelling in hand because we are going to get my allergy shot after we drop Phillip off. We quiz Latin in the car. Phillip eats apple slices on the way to school.
9:30 We are home again. Emma still has to finish her math. Jake starts on Grammar while I check his math. I answer several questions about adverbial phrases. When he finishes we go over his math and then I check his grammar making him correct mistakes.
10:00 Emma is finally done with math. We go over it together and she corrects her mistakes. She starts on Grammar (direct objects, again, ugh! -- lots of complaining). Jake is trying to write a report without doing an outline or draft and is getting frustrated because I keep telling him to start again. I finally make him do an outline. There is lots of complaining about the decision and I am tired. I tell him to start writing or his report will have to be twice as long.
11:00 Emma is finally finished with grammar, but she has missed more than half of the questions. We review the chapter AGAIN and she corrects all of the mistakes. I am probably not as nice as I should be about this, but she really isn't trying and I have had it. Wayne calls in the middle of all of this. It is not a good time.
11:30 We all need a break so we take one. LUNCH
12:00 We are back it. Jake is halfway through his outline and Emma is starting her report (her outline is already done.
1:00 Jake is finally ready to start typing, but so is Emma so now we are fighting over who gets to use the computer first. I say a quick prayer for patience. Jake gets the computer first and Emma finishes her history outline in the meantime.
1:30 I head out to pick Phillip up from school. I talk to my mom on the way. Now I am complaining. Am I good mom? Am I a good wife?
2:15 We walk in the door and Phillip is asking what he can have for a snack -- does this child ever stop eating? Jake is almost finished, but wants a snack, too. Emma doesn't want to be left out either. Everyone gets one cookie and a bag full of grapes.
3:00 I start on dinner. We have to eat early tonight because Emma has dance. Jake is finished with his report and shows Emma how to get her document started.
3:30 Phillip and Jake watch "Tom and Jerry." Phillip wants to sit wherever Jake is and Jake is almost 13 so he doesn't want anyone touching him! I try to read for a few minutes, but am very distracted. I unload the dishwasher.
4:30 Jake is setting the table and I am getting dinner on the table and drinks made. Emma hasn't made much progress, but I tell her she is done for the day. Everyone to the table for dinner.
4:35 Wayne calls, once again, very bad timing. I eat standing up while doing the dishes and talking to Wayne.
4:50 Emma has to get ready for dance and Phillip gets on his shoes, socks, and jacket. Give Clyde his medicine.
5:00 ask Jake to wipe down the table for me and take the trash out before Mimi comes to take him to his rehearsal tonight (since I can't be in 3 places at once). Emma, Phillip, and I leave for dance. On the way I make a split second decision to take Phillip to drop in day care since I have a parent swim meeting right after dance -- this turns out to be very wise.
5:30 drop Emma off and sit in Starbucks for 45 minutes reading my book. This is my only quiet time for the day. I even had a small cup of coffee.
6:30 Pick Emma up and we have a few minutes before the swim meeting. We run to the grocery to buy car magazines because Phillip has been in "school" for 100 days this Friday and has to make a poster of 100 things -- he wants to make a poster of 100 cars.
7:15 Emma and I are at the swim meeting. It is nice to see old friends. No one recognizes me from last summer because I have lost so much weight and cut my hair off (this makes me feel really good!). It is a long meeting.
9:10 The meeting is finally over and we leave to get Phillip. It is way past his bedtime. I am worried Mimi will make it home with Jake before I get home. I realize I put my phone down somewhere and run back to the meeting room to look for it. Find it -- run to the car to get Phillip.
9:30 We are home. I brush Phillip's teeth and get him ready for bed. He cries because I tell him no story since it is so late. We read a short story and then I tuck him in. Emma wants me to run to Walmart to get her some new toothpaste. I tell her to use mine and go to bed.
9:35 Jake walks in. Rehearsal was good. He gets ready for bed
9:38 Wayne calls. I talk for a few minutes but ask if I can call him back.
9:45 Jake and I chat for a minute and he goes to bed. I start blogging.
10:15 Wayne texts and wants to know if I am going to call him. What is that smell? Oh, it is me -- I just now realize I haven't had a shower today. I hope no one at the meeting noticed.
10:17 wrapping up the blog so I can call Wayne back.
Hopefully I will get to bed before 11:00?? We will see. Typical day.


1 comment:

  1. Suddenly I feel SO much better about my life. Why haven't we talked on the phone lately?!?

    Much love,

    -J

    ReplyDelete

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."