Thursday, February 4, 2010

Good to be Home

Back to reality -- we have had cold rain all day long in Texas. It has made me miss the warm breezes and sunshine of the Bahamas. Oh well. It is just weather. I have really enjoyed being with the kids today. Relationships are so much more important than weather.
Jake, Emma, and I did a really neat experiment today (we actually began it a couple of weeks ago) on how salt beds form. We dissolved some salt in a bowl full of water and waited for it to evaporate and then observed how the salt formed on the sides and bottom of the bowl. We even took some samples and put them under the microscope. It was fun because they both just lit up with enthusiasm and questions.
Then when I picked Phillip up from school we came home and they all painted pictures while I prepared dinner. Phillip is my abstract impressionist, Emma is my cartoonist, and Jake is my realist. All of their paintings are beautiful. That is something I would have missed if we were still in the Bahamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."