Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I am worth it!


The sun was out today and it sure helped to improve my mood! It was still pretty cold, but nice to have some UV rays to go along with the cold. It is so hard for me when it is just grey outside. North Texas winters are notorious for being grey. The upside is that we don't have 3 feet of snow, though.
My brother and sister-in-law are coming into town this weekend to house shop. I am very excited to see them and their three lovely children. We are hoping to take them to Bliss, our favorite raw food restaurant. My brother is chef, so I want to show him some "gourmet raw food" since all he's ever encountered has been at my house. What he will eat there will be a little different than what he gets at my house -- salad, vegetables, guacamole, etc. I am interested to see what he thinks. We will be celebrating his wife, Heather's birthday so it will be great fun -- she is one cool lady!
I am dreaming about a raw food retreat -- ALONE. I am craving some personal space time. I am wondering if any of you are aware of low cost retreat options. I would like to recharge my batteries and spend some time refocusing on why this lifestyle is so important to me. Health is such a funny thing. When I take a step back from it all, it is almost humorous that we find all find it so difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle despite the fact that we know how good it is for us, and in my case, have experienced the enormous difference it can make. It is a constant struggle to stay healthy and anyone who tells you it is not is just plain lying. The key is that we know why we strive for it. The very first reason on everyone's list should be "because I am worth it." When I forget this, and occasionally I do (more often than I would like to admit -- a side effect of having three kids, a husband, and a lifetime worth of lessons on how to put myself last), I bring out my trusty old mantra and remind myself over and over and over, "my body is my temple." I am worth it! Life is short and I want to live every minute that I can knowing that I can enjoy it to the very best of my ability, so staying healthy is definitely a big part of being able to enjoy life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."