Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Better Days

Today has been a much better day. Clyde has been tired, but well. Yesterday was so stressful and today was very low-key. Thank you -- I needed that!
I am so glad that I stuck with my health goals through all of that stress yesterday. I felt really good about myself and my decisions all day today. It made it that much easier to make good decisions about what I put in my mouth and how long I work out at the gym today. Each day builds on the day before it, and everyday it gets a little bit easier.
The kids and I made a trip to the grocery store for snack food. They picked out a bunch of bananas, a carton of apples, a box of oranges, and Healthy Choice fudge bars (I can live with that)! It was also a milestone reached and conquered in our house when Phillip ate an entire bowl of green salad at dinner this evening. I really do think he enjoys eating healthy. It makes me happy that they are making good choices. Phillip has changed his eating habits in so many good and positive ways! Emma will still choose anything fattening and sweet over something healthy EVERY time if you give her choice, but she knows how to make good choices and if I walk into a grocery store and let her choose a snack with mom-enforced boundaries she does not complain about it at all. Jake is and has always been my healthy eater. He was a vegetarian long before I was. I am just so proud of all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."