Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Difficult Day


Today has been a rough day. My Clyde-dog had a very large seizure this morning. He has been having seizures for a little more than two years, but they have been minor so we have just been monitoring them. The vet told us that could change and he might have to go on seizure prevention medication at some point, but it would be to Clyde's advantage to wait as long as possible to put him on the medication due to possible side effects. Unfortunately, we reached the medicine day today. Clyde had a seizure for over 10 minutes and was not responsive. They were able to give him some medicine to bring him out of the seizure activity, but said the risks outweigh the benefits at this point and that he definitely needs medication.
They kept Clyde at the vet all day, but let us bring him home this evening and he is doing well. We are trying to keep him as calm as possible. He has been wanting to run around and play though. His little face looks like it had about 100 more grey hairs. I was talking myself into being fine, but as soon as the vet started telling me about the medicine I just lost it.
I told Wayne I wanted to come home and eat a pound of chocolate or chips, but I did not. I never realized how much of an emotional eater I was until I started eating a raw food diet. I reminded myself that eating would not help me cope, and it certainly wouldn't help Clyde either. It was a difficult day. I feel good that I was able to remain true to myself. Please say some prayers for Clyde.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."