Sunday, April 4, 2010

sharing a raw food diet



We have been having a great time with Wayne's sister and brother-in-law! Yesterday was so beautiful -- we went down to Fair Park in Dallas and rode the swan paddle boats. It was a lot of fun. I could not believe how dirty and trashy it was down there, though. We saw lots of turtles and fish. We walked through the butterfly gardens and the butterfly conservatory, too. It was a perfect day to be outside.
This morning we went to church and after church it was raining so we just hung out at home and dyed Easter eggs. That was an experience! Our eggs are, well....let's just say they are interesting. I think the kids ate more than they actually dyed. Tomorrow we are taking them to Fossil Rim to see all of the animals. we are all looking forward to it!
They have been really interested in learning about my food and have really enjoyed drinking green smoothies in the mornings. They said that they definitely tasted a lot better than they looked. Wayne's sister's husband's mother has been eating raw foods for quite some time and I didn't even know that. They learned about a raw food diet when his father was diagnosed with cancer and given only 6 months to live. He started eating raw and lived five years! That being said, we have had some really interesting conversations about food and health. It is nice having them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."