Monday, April 5, 2010

Raw snacks

Fossil Rim was great fun today, as usual. Wayne's sister and brother-in-law got a kick out of the giraffe sticking its head into the car. We had a really good time. It was fun to watch someone else feed all of the animals for the first time. Neil was in the front seat and almost got baptized in giraffe slobber.

Some of you have asked me what I eat when we go "out of town." Today we took a cooler full of water, apples, grapes, oranges, and trail mix to snack on while we went through the park. It is not hard to pack fresh fruits for a day trip and the kids really like it. I also took some Larabars. They have lots of flavors so it is not hard to find something that everyone likes. If you have never eaten a Larabar, I highly recommend them, but please know they are mostly raw (most of them are around 96%). If you prefer a 100% raw bar, try Go RAW! bars which are also excellent.

Wayne's sister and her husband are amazed by how many fresh and organic food choices we have here. I am so very thankful to live in a place where such good food is available.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."