Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day at the Park

Today Jake and Emma went and studied in the park. It was a lot of fun! Jake was reading a book on Marco Polo and Emma was learning about Marie Antoinette. We had just picked the books up at the library and the kids were complaining about having to read them (they were too long and boring). However, after about ten minutes of reading they started piping up asking me, "Did you know that Marco Polo.....," or "Marie Antoinette was in prison for....." It was pretty cool that they were getting into their books. I wish we could study in the park every day -- it just makes all of the senses so much more alert and alive!
We took a picnic lunch and I had a wonderful salad with the season's best tomatoes -- so YUMMY! They were little yellow tomatoes -- I don't remember what they were called, but they were so sweet. I also had some goji berry trail mix (walnuts, raw pumpkin seeds, and raw sunflower seeds) and a pink lady apple (pink ladies are my favorite -- they have just the right amount of tart and sweet).
Summer is right around the corner and I have many inquiries as of late about a raw food lifestyle. I think many people are just trying to get in better shape for summer, but some are wanting something more from their foods. If you want to see what really living feels like then give it a try. Live raw foods will make your body and mind ready for living!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."