Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Staying enthusiastic, warm, and healthy!

Today was much better than yesterday -- thank you, God! We actually had a very good day. We spent most of the day at the library talking medieval art and the Greek Zodiac. Jake is learning about it in Latin and has become really interested in why they developed it. He has been studying the constellations and the Greek mythology behind the Zodiac. His enthusiasm has caught on with Emma, too. It is all good for me because I like to see them when their little light bulbs get turned on and I get see their enthusiasm for learning. Also, negative numbers are coming along much better.

On another note, it is so cold here! Texas is not supposed to be this cold -- mother nature obviously did not get the memo. Thursday it is going to be in the low teens. I got some UGGS for Christmas (I know, they are so ugly, but they are so WARM), and I refuse to take them off at this point. I think I will be sleeping in them tonight. I like them more than I ever would have imagined!

My green smoothie was YUMMY this morning! Kale, 2 apples, a handful of raspberries and a handful of blackberries. The color of it was not so pretty, but it was delicious. I just put it in a red cup so I couldn't see it. I also made the kids a smoothie that they thought was "the Bomb." It had a small carton of Naked's Green Machine, 2 Granny Smith apples (core, peel, and all), 2 carrots, and a small tomato. They loved it! It is nice to be back in my regular routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."