Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday

It is has been a rough Monday for me. The morning went okay and everything seemed to going well, but it quickly deteriorated from there. We started back to school today and the kids seemed to be moving at the pace of frozen slugs. I became very frustrated with them and just had to take a break from them for a few minutes. Jake is trying to understand negative numbers and had reached his max. Emma was trying to get away with doing as little as possible. I felt used and abused. Jake was telling me that I didn't understand the problem and did the same problem wrong five times before he would listen to me. Emma had to repeat her Grammar lesson on outlining 3 times because she was trying her best to learn outlining without actually doing an outline. FRUSTRATING!
I think what was most frustrating to me is that I had such big plans and new ideas for school today and they just didn't happen the way I had pictured in my mind. Funny how that happens sometimes. Then I was frustrated with myself for being so frustrated with them. Oh well, there is always tomorrow. I will recharge tonight and we will all try again tomorrow.
My dad also went to his cardiologist for a check up today and found out that things were not as good as he hoped. While it is nothing serious, it is a reality check that every little thing we do (or don't do) can effect our lives. The holidays were not kind to his diet -- a little too much bread with butter, pies, ham, and sweets for him. Under normal circumstances he eats pretty well (thanks to my mom mostly), but during the holidays it is easy to get caught up in the, "I'll just have a little bit of this and since I don't do it that often, it won't matter that much." I even found myself getting caught up in the holiday diet cheating. The fact is a consistent diet full of lots of fresh fruits and veggies is what our bodies need, and a little cheating can get out of hand very quickly. My dad had a heart attack a few years back and a anything other than a stellar doctor's report makes me a little nervous. He is having a stress test on Wednesday, so I will rest easier after that is over and we get the results.
On top of his not so stellar report from the cardiologist, he also found out that the pain he has been having in his back is the shingles. He really does seem to be fine, but I cannot help worrying about him. I want to tell him, "RAW, RAW, RAW," but I know that is something he will have to decide on his own, and that it is not for everyone. I just want him to healthy and to be around for a very long time! My best witness for the raw food lifestyle is to be an example, the rest he will have to decide. I just want him to know I love him very much! I want all of my loved ones to be healthy and happy!!!
So anyway, Monday is almost over and boy, am I glad! Tomorrow is a new day -- it will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."