Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mangolicious Green Smoothie Recipe



In order to start my green smoothie day off right this morning I decided to a little experimentation. I had a fresh bunch of Rainbow Chard that I was determined to use. Honestly, swiss chard is not my favorite green. I think it has a bit of a funky aftertaste. That being said, I believe in rotating my greens, and Rainbow Chard is so pretty it is hard to pass up. The smoothie I made this morning had absolutely no aftertaste, though, and I may find swiss chard a more regular part of my green smoothie regimen because this one was VERY YUMMY!
I cut up about 1 - 1 and a 1/2 cups of chard, a very ripe mango, a banana, a slice of lemon, and the brown stuff in the pic is tamarind. This is a fruit I discovered just this summer and to me, it tastes like a mix between an apricot and a prune with just a hint of sour. I put all of the fruit in the Vitamix with a cup of water and a cup of ice and blended it until smooth. Then I added the chopped chard and blended again.
Try it -- You will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."