Monday, August 30, 2010

1st day of school

We started school today. One of the benefits of home schooling is that you can start whenever you want. It was definitely interesting having Phillip at home and we very quickly learned that we needed headphones for the computer. Jake and Emma will definitely learn how to work through distractions. Overall, Phillip was great. We did handwriting, worked on letters and phonics, counted to 100, did some addition, and began a health unit on the likenesses and differences between boys and girls, and sex (he has been asking where girl's pee comes out). I think the sex part was his favorite part, but he is a boy after all (ha! ha!).

I am exhausted! One thing I didn't mention in my summer update blog yesterday is that I also had a hysterectomy, less than two weeks ago actually. I am fine (no pathology), and I am healing nicely, but I get so tired and sore. Tomorrow I am taking it a little easy -- we may do reading in a big family pile in my bed. We started The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. I had almost forgotten what a fun book it is to read. I get such a kick out of watching Emma and Jake roll their eyes when I tell them what we will be reading and then begging to read one more chapter.

Well, I took my pain medicine about 20 minutes ago so I better log off before I reach la-la land.
Tomorrow is a green smoothie day for me -- I'll be home all day so I'm going to have a love affair with my Vitamix and drink all the greens I can! I am looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. wow, katy i'm glad to hear that you are recovering well from the hysterectomy. good luck with the new school year!

    ReplyDelete

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."