Thursday, November 5, 2009

More Green Smoothie Recipes and quick tips

So far so good -- Jake and Emma are really liking The Canterbury Tales and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. What's not to like? Why did schools quit reading novels? The entire time Jake and Emma were in public school they were never required to read a novel. They did receive A.R. points for reading them, but that was not an assignment. Peculiar, huh?
Today was a green smoothie day for me. For breakfast I had a kale, with frozen grapes and peaches. I buy grapes and peaches in bulk when they are in season and stick them in the freezer until I want to use them. Frozen grapes are a wonderful snack all by themselves. Anyway, my breakfast was so good that I was a craving another green smoothie for lunch. I had spinach, pineapple, strawberry, papaya, mango (I bought a bag of frozen, organic tropical fruit), and then added a banana. I also made some trail mix today. I will have to hide it, though because Jake and Emma found it and were eating it by the fistfuls.
Seriously, I am so glad that they want to eat it. I would much rather them want to snack on raw nuts and dried fruit than on chips or candy. I think that i am going to try my hand at the dehydrator tomorrow and see how that goes. So far I have been a little intimidated, but I am almost ready to give it a go. I am the type of person who likes to read the entire manual first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."