Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Glow Forth and Create!

A quote caught my eye today: "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." The author is unknown. Those simple words have stuck in my mind all day. How true! After my surgery, when I was so sick, I felt like I was stuck in rut and not able to get out. Isn't that what being stuck in a rut is all about -- forgetting how or not being able to create. The past six months I have been making up lost ground and creating like crazy!
My creations include: a healthy body, mind, and spirit, a happy home, home school lessons galore, numerous recipes, well-adjusted children, and lots of love. Before raw foods came into my life I thought many of these things were unattainable for me either because my body would not let me (I was so tired and sick all of the time), or because I was in such a poor state of mind that I just wasn't able. Within one week of eating raw foods my mind was awakened and refreshed, though. I was no longer I able to fool myself into believing that I was a victim. Within one month of eating a high raw diet my body was so much healthier there was no denying that what I was doing was very good. Now that I have been eating an almost completely raw diet for months I feels as though my spirit is happy and that I shine from the inside out. It is always easy to fool people by putting on a smile and saying, "I am okay." I, like many of you, have done that on numerous occasions. But, now I really am okay and I think it shows.
Many people talk about the "glow" you get when you begin a raw food diet -- your skin clears up, you look bright-eyed and bushy tailed, your hail is shiny and soft, etc. When I first started eating raw I kept checking myself in the mirror to see if I had "the glow" yet. Other people started noticing it before I did and would ask me what I was doing different. Eventually, I was able to see it. Now, I don't have to check the mirror to see if it is there because I can feel it in my very being. Glow, baby, glow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach

Phillip's 1st trip to the beach
"I love this place!"

Beautiful Emma

Beautiful Emma
"I'm a model."

Sandtrap

Sandtrap
"Where are my toes? I can't see my toes."